Tuesday, May 15, 2007

0-3 on 07 recruits Monday

Well Monday sucked. Jai Lucas had a press conference and it was down to UK and Florida, he picked Floridy. I didn't care too much about where this guy went since he is a 5'7" point guard and we have plenty of guards, with GJ Valerino coming in 09 and hopefully Brandon Jennings coming next year. Not a huge loss, but good recruits are never bad news, so strike 1.

Next strike, Beas Hamga to UNLV. I was excited about this kid even though he seems to be a project, he has a ton of potential. With the lineup he would have been helping someone to alter shots and grab boards would have been perfect. I was bummed about this news.

Lastly, to round out the strike out day. Michael Sanchez, big man from Ark. signs with Pelfrey and U of Ark. This was not a surprise to me, just sucked it came on the same day as the other two strike outs.


So, now we will look for Patrick Pattersons news on Wednesday. I have a feeling he isn't coming to UK. Lucas and PP having the conferences on different days made me think they were going to seperate schools. I am leaning Duke for PP, but I could see how 2 NCAA champs with basically 1 recruiting class that just all went NBA, could make another big name want to go there since Billy D already has a stack recruiting class. PP going to UF would put them over the top. Not feeling good about UKs chances with PP, but keeping my hopes up.

I am hoping BCG has a Juco guy in his pocket. If not lets hope next year is huge, with D. Miller from Maysville, Jennings, Osbry, Singleton, Zeller, etc, etc.

No comments: